Pickens Chapel, Arkansas

Website by Chird Bobbitt Copyright 1997 All Rights Reserved

 

Located on Hwy 310, the northern edge of the community dips into Cleburne County. At one time there were two schools in Pickens Chapel. In about 1917 they were combined, and the community had a two-room school for years. Known as Hughes School, the tiny school housed eight grades. Consolidation closed the school in 1946.
From They Passed by Here by Emmett Powers