That's Judsonia
by W.E. "Skinny" Orr

Website by Chird Bobbitt Copyright 1997 All Rights Reserved

An Informational History of a Small Town In Arkansas

Published in 1957 by the White County Printing Company of Judsonia
976.77

Erastus Gregory built the first home on the high north bank of the Little Red at what became Prospect Bluff about 1835. On October 27, 1835 he was commissioned justice of the peace. Prospect Bluff was the first town to be laid out by a surveyor in White County and filed January 1, 1840. On April 7, 1874 the town of Prospect Bluff and Judsonia where Judson University (established in 1871) was located were merged into one and called Judsonia and is the only one in the world to bear that name.

Return to Authors    Visit White County Government

        Visit bobbittville.com