But-Back.gif (1400 bytes)

Adult Education


A limited number of college courses are offered, however the courses vary depending on the availability of instructors. El Paso Community
College (Colorado Springs, Colorado) certifies members of the community as instructors when they are able to meet the required qualifications.
The number and type of courses depend on the instructors available.

Other courses are available through the adult education office at the Woomera High School. Classes are held four nights a week. Fees are
based on a term/hour cost of $A4.50 per term/hour. There are three terms lasting 13-14 weeks. Study cl~sses include supervisory and
management courses, typing, shorthand, and many of the courses taught in the Grade 12 curriculum. Leisure time courses include Lapidary,
motor maintenance, woodwork, welding, pottery, dressmaking, crochet, square dancing, ballroom dancing, oil painting and judo. Any subject
may be taught if an instructor is available and ten or more people sign up for the class. Everyone is eligible, however the classes usually cater
to personnel who are out of school rather than school children.


Our special services is quite well equipped with more items being added all the time. We are quite well stocked with camping equipment such as tents, bedrolls, cookstoves, cots, coolers, heaters, and lanterns, etc. Sporting equipment includes archery, deep sea fishing gear (for use near Port Augusta), softball equipment, tennis rackets, squash rackets, volleyballs, basketballs, soccer, American footballs and horseshoe sets.
Also available are tape decks for recording.

Anyone assigned to the Joint Defense Space Communication Station (JDSCS) is authorized to check items out of special services. This includes all
U.S. and Australian military personnel and dependents, U.S. contractor personnel and dependents (small rental fee is charged) and civil service employees and dependents.


An automobile and wood hobby shop are programmed.


Military members will require a passport for leave travel outside Australia.
Obtaining them locally can be inconvenient. Dependents passports are required and provided by the Air Force.


Bobbittville but-coat-color.jpg (2756 bytes)